Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Joyful

I have to add to that last post. I can't forget to share what Rog, Luke and Laney got me for Mother's Day:


It is so easy to be joyful when the sun is shining, your almost-one-year-old and five-year-old are healthy and happy and you have a warm bed to sleep in every night. God continually challenges me, however, to choose joy when circumstances are other than sunny. Our family tries not to borrow trouble, but it is a reality that our son has a broken heart and that Friday's appointment could bring unwanted news. What will my response be? Will my joy and trust in the Lord falter? Or will my heart reflect Psalm 40:16? "But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you; may those who love your salvation always say, 'The LORD be exalted!'"

Give me strength, Lord, to exalt you in all situations.

And I will exalt you when you keep this large reminder from falling on our heads while we sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment