Wednesday, February 3, 2010

O Say Can You See

These beautiful brownish/hazelish eyes checked out perfect today!

We had our follow-up appointment with Dr. Day, the optometrist, this morning (the same optometrist both mom and dad see — sorry kiddo, genetics are not on your side for a glasses-free future). Besides a tiny astigmatism he wants to watch, Luke's vision is normal. No eye patch for this kid!

After moaning and groaning this morning about going to the eye doctor (which we had been pumping up as a big adventure), Luke again came through in the clutch. He is so funny, the anticipation is much worse for him than the event. He was a stellar patient and oh so cooperative.

"Okay, Luke," Dr. Day says, "I'm just going to look to see what color your eyes are."

"Oh! My eyes are black!"

See? Very helpful.

3 comments:

  1. Black eyes, wow! :) I'm so glad the appointment went well. Way to be on top of things for your precious little boy, Mom and Dad. Those sure are some pretty eyes and Luke sure is a lucky boy to have such amazing people looking out for him!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this picture and post, Jes. But, I was still thinking Luke would have made a really cute pirate. I was already searching around for a costume to enhance the patch. You gotta love this kid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    I came across your blog today. I am happy to hear Luke's appointment went well. I have a 2 year old daughter, Cassidy, who was born with Tetralogy of Fallot w/ PA & MAPCA’s.
    I think blogs are a great way to get the word about about CHD’s and I commend you for what you’re doing.
    My wife and I are also on a mission to spread the word about CHD’s. We just started a jewelry company called Lucky 10. All of our products are handmade and pertain to Heart Defects and the Heart Community in general.
    Please check out our site when you get a moment. If you could help us get the word out about our new business we would be very grateful. It’s a project that’s very dear to our hearts.
    www.lucky10.etsy.com
    Thanks so much and we look forward to reading more on your blog!
    Thanks,
    Vito Lisa

    P.S. If you want to keep up with Cassidy’s journey here is her Carepage info:
    www.carepages.com , Page name: cassidylisa

    ReplyDelete