Saturday, June 27, 2009

Buddies

In a corner of my mind, behind thoughts of heart failure and weight gain, squished in between the worries of developmental delays and athletic limitations, was the concern that Luke would lag in social settings. We made the choice to keep Luke out of nursery-type settings and away from large groups of kids for a majority of his first 18 months. We just didn't want to risk a serious illness. We felt good about this decision, but the thought always lingered that Luke would miss out on important social skills.

I think it's time to throw that theory out the window:







3 comments:

  1. Great minds think alike. I always worry that Owen will miss out on playing with kids his own age and that his social skills will suffer. Then I see posts like this with Mr. Luke and I watch Owen with his sister and older cousins and my worries disappear.

    Luke is ADORABLE!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite posts - seeing Luke in all his glory having so much fun with his best bud. He is, indeed, a social butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at that sweet little boy having the time of his life playing with his bud! He is so incredibly happy!

    We had/have this worry, too, as we have only had Elijah in limited daycare and he seems to prefer being with us to anything or anyone else. Guess we will see!

    I love love the splashy tub picture. Could those two be having any more fun?? xo

    ReplyDelete