Wednesday, May 28, 2008

4 and 91

When you're a heart mama, those are jump-for-joy numbers.

4 (the number of months until Dr. Stefanelli wants to see us again) + 91 (Luke's oxygen saturation percentage) = A very happy mommy and daddy!

Thank you for your prayers for yesterday's appointment. We are giving God glory for such a great report! After the echo was finished, Dr. Stefanelli came to tell me that he didn't have one concern about Luke's heart after seeing the pictures. Ventricular function was great, no blood flow blockage, etc. He also said that he thinks Luke will just cruise until his next surgery (late summer of 2009 or summer of 2010, depending on his weight and oxygen saturation level).

Dr. Stefanelli didn't need an EKG run, or a chest x-ray on our little man, so after his sat check, blood pressure and weight and height, we headed into the echo room. Kris, our echo tech, is so fantastic. And Luke did much better than I expected. He laid with me on the table and watched the Lion King for about 7 minutes before trying to push the ultrasound wand away. Our nurse Jen got another 6-8 minutes out of him by blowing bubbles. Way to go, team! I know I say it a lot, but I LOVE this office staff. I'm so thankful for them!

So we don't head back until the end of September. We couldn't even schedule an appointment that far out. Unbelievable.

"Let me shout God's name with a praising song,
Let me tell his greatness in a prayer of thanks."
—Psalm 69:30, The Message

3 comments:

  1. That is indeed a wonderful report. So happy to hear it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such exciting new Jesse! Way to go Luke!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jesse, What can I say after arriving at the hospital and finding your card full of support and encouragement along with the generous Starbucks gift card? Complete strangers, from across the country, taking the time to do this for us! Once again, I am humbled by the caring support of so many, including you. Actually, you are not a completely stranger, you are a part of this wonderful fraternity of parents (that we are now a part of) with "Heart Kids" that is truly amazing and so supportive. You are an extension of God's grace and lovingkindness to us during these challenging times. I know you have prayed for us and we have felt the prayers of many, including your family. I am challenged by your acts of kindness to repeat these same actions in the future for other new parents that are just joining our group of parents with heart kids. Sorry so long to get this "thank you" back to you, but we were truly amazed by your generosity and kindness to us. May God bless you always.

    Dave (Johnathan's dad)
    denyberg@mmm.com

    P.S. - I enjoy reading the positive reports regarding Luke's progress, I can only hope we will have the same joy as you with future reports of our little guy. So glad to hear that Luke is doing so well, he looks great in the pictures!

    ReplyDelete