Sunday, January 24, 2010

Mama, am I three now?

Yes, you are my little man. Three years old and full of life, questions, determination, will, surprises, and song.


Luke singing our before-meal song, "Let us thank Jesus".

In John 10, Jesus says, "I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."

Luke, if I had only a sentence to describe you, it would be that you live life to the fullest. You daily teach us about living abundant lives full of gratitude and we daily thank God for you. You stretch us as parents, people, and followers of Christ. At three, we already see some of the gifts God has given to you and we pray that as your mom and dad we can nurture and help develop those gifts. You are funny. You are musical. You are creative and you love to talk. We can't wait to see how God continues to grow you in the years to come. He has an awesome plan for you, Luke, and we are privileged to get a front-row seat to watch it unfold.





Before the blowing of the candles, Luke belted out the "Happy Birthday" song. It wasn't until about halfway through he realized the song was to HIM and sheepishly stopped singing.


"No need for forks or plates, Mom and Dad. I'm good just like this!"

Presents, pizza, cake and family. A great party for a great kid.

We love you, Luke!

3 comments:

  1. Cute boy! Looks like he is loving the 3's already!!! That cake looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Luke! I hope you had a great day!

    And by the way, you are seriously one of the cutest kids I've ever seen!!

    Hugs,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. THREE years old?! What in the world happens to the time? I'm glad the party was fun and please give that amazing little boy a birthday kiss and squeeze for me. xo

    ReplyDelete