- Luke is semi-obsessed with teriyaki food, "chicken and rice". Any parking lot we pull into I hear from the back, "chicken and rice! chicken and rice!" Yesterday, I was on the phone with my sister who lives in L.A. and I was having him show off some of his new sayings. We had him say, "Frosty the Snowman" and "Obey" and "Merry Christmas". I paused, saying, "um...what else should we have you say, Luke?" and out comes, "chicken and rice!"
- We were reading Luke's current favorite book tonight, "Where Is Little Reynard" by Joyce Carol Oates and we got to the page with the picture of the cat looking out the window to the right. All of a sudden Luke says exuberantly, "high five!"
- Luke tried to put Mr. Potato Head's shoes on his feet today.
- Someone named Luke often likes to make known how things should be done when playing. At Nana's the other day, they were playing in the pea gravel and Nana asked him if he was ready to go for a bike ride. Luke's response? "No bike. No helmet. Nana sit!" He doesn't know what he wants, does he?
- His "yes" is "O-kay!" I will be sad when he switches to "yes"—or more likely "yeah" with a shrug and an eye-roll =)
- Bob the Builder can do no wrong in Luke's eyes.
- He loves playing in the water—laundry room sink, bathtub, kitchen sink, he's not picky. Don't tell him, but he's getting a water table for Christmas!
- He is starting to understand the concept of stalling. At bedtime, he'll ask for "more book" and after prayers he says, "more pray Dada".
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
For the record...
...So I never forget: