I found this awesome idea on another blog I follow and I am excited to see what God does in our family through this seven-day commitment!
If any of you also decide to try this 7x7 adventure, please comment and let me know how it went!
I long to be more of an unceasing pray-er, and the focus of 7x7 is to pray diligently and purposefully for our child(ren). "Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." —1 Thessalonians 5:17
You can print these verses and timeline ideas out and keep them handy throughout your day. Or you can copy them onto 3x5 cards, whatever works best for you. Thanks, Angie, for the great idea!
1. When they wake up: "Let the morning bring (child's name) word of your unfailing love, for she has put her trust in You. Show (her/him) the way (she/he) should go, for to you (she/he) lifts up her soul."
—Adapted from Psalm 143:8
2. When they are getting dressed: "Therefore, as God's chosen child, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourself with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Lord, help (him/her) bear with others and forgive whatever grievances (he/she) has against others. Help (him/her) forgive as the Lord forgave (him/her). And over all these virtues, help (him/her) put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity."
—Adapted from Colossians 3:12-14
3. While they are eating: "Teach (child's name) the secret of being content in any and every situation whether well-fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. Teach (him/her) that (he/she) can do everything through him who gives (him/her) strength."
—Adapted from Philippians 4:12-13
4. When they go out of the house: "(Name of child), do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-His good, pleasing and perfect will."
—Adapted from Romans 12:2
5. While they are taking a bath: "Lord, give (name of child) clean hands and a pure heart, and let (him/her) not lift (his/her) soul to an idol or swear by what is false. Let (him/her) receive blessing from the Lord and vindication from God (his/her) Savior. Let (him/her) be part of the generation of those who seek him, who seek your face, O God of Jacob."
—Adapted from Psalm 24:4-6
6. When they are going to bed: "The Lord Your God is with you; he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, be will rejoice over you with singing."
7. While they are sleeping: "I pray that (name of child) will do everything without complaining or arguing, so that (he/she) may become blameless and pure, a child of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which (he/she) shines like a star in the universe as (he/she) holds out the word of life-in order that (he/she) may boast on the day of Christ that (he/she) did not run or labor for nothing."
—Adapted from Philippians 2:14-16