Saturday, March 10, 2012

Change is HARD


My little joke at the end of my last blog post declaring that we'd pack our bags and follow Dr. Stefanelli if ever he were to move maybe wasn't the funniest of all jokes, but it is nowhere near funny now. A few days ago we found out, all joking aside, our beloved doctor really is moving. These past few days I have see-sawed between disbelief and sadness, fear and frustration.

As this question swirls around my head: "Will we ever find another doctor that cares for Luke as much?", I hear God speak to my heart: "Do you trust me with Luke's heart, or Dr. Stefanelli?"

I am so sad to see him go. He has been a huge part of why Luke is where he is today. He is a part of our family and we grieve his leaving. We will get to have one more appointment with him in May and we'll work together to figure out where we go from here. I know logically Dr. Stefanelli is not the only good cardiologist out there and that Dr. Obayashi will take great care of us, but a part of me wants to throw a big ol' temper tantrum.

Or maybe I'll just take Luke's suggestion: "Mama? Why don't you just tell Dr. Chris not to move?"

No comments:

Post a Comment