Friday, March 19, 2010

Out of the mouths of moms

I wonder if three years ago I would have believed the things that would come out of my mouth as I endeavor to parent a preschooler.

"No Luke, we don't put bees in our mouth. Why? Because bees aren't good for your tummy."

"The puppy is just licking you because he wants to play. He licks you because he likes you."

"Jeans or pants, buddy. You can't go to Target naked."

"Yes, but only put the honey on the yogurt and carrots, not the macaroni and cheese."

The best part about this stage of parenting is that it seems to be a daily part. I can't believe I have a son who asks so many questions and is so curious about the world around him. I love it, but I do have to step back now and then and just shake my head at what just came out of my mouth. Shake my head and check to clock to see when hubby's coming home to share my wise words with him.

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Isn't it funny that most of the time, they accept our strange explanations or reasons! My oldest will now look at me really funny or sometimes laugh but understands that there is no arguing with mom! Just take it and move on to the next one. So cute Jesse, we miss you guys! Can't wait to see you sometime soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these unexpected parts of parenting. I am constantly saying to myself, "Hmm, never thought I'd hear myself say that!" So much fun!!

    ReplyDelete